Abia crisis: How I came second in the primaries – PDP aspirant

A gubernatorial aspirant in the 2015 Abia state Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) election has narrated how he became runner up in the party’s primary

Friday Nwosu in his narrative said he can boldly claim to have come second because there were only two aspirants who contested in the primaries

One of the gubernatorial aspirant for the Abia state Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) during the 2015 general elections has narrated how he came second in the party’s primary.

Speaking to newsmen in Abuja, Friday Nwosu said he can boldly claim to have come second because there were only two aspirants who contested in the primaries.

Nwosu said: “I came second, why I said I came second was that the only other person who did that primary with me was Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu who came first.”

He said it is wrong for another aspirant Uche Ogah to have walked away and castigated what the party did during the primaries and then come back to claim votes from the party’s primary election.

He said: “I do not believe that people who walked away and stated on paper why they walked away, that people from neighbouring Akwa Ibom, Enugu, Imo Rivers and Ebonyi  states came into the station and voted while delegates were locked up in the place they located, and as a result, this thing is not acceptable to me.”

“I don’t believe that such a person came in any position, even though he said that some votes were ascribed to him,” Nwosu said.

“I want you to go to your dictionary and look up the word “a scripting. But he said some votes were ascribed to him.

I came second in the primary on the grounds of what I am telling you now and that is also my suit in court that I am the second that person in that primary election and that the first person, being subject to disqualification and on him being disqualified.

“I should be declared the rightful candidate of the PDP and therefore the governor of Abia State,” he said.

Meanwhile, Nwosu had alleged that the former governor of Abia state Theodore Orji is frustrating all his efforts to get justice from the court.

Nwosu also said the former governor had claimed to have the capability of influencing judicial decision in favour of the present governor.

He further claimed that it was him (Nwosu) who blew the whistle over the Abia state governor’s alleged tax evasion.

He said claimed that the Ikpeazu contested the state’s gubernatorial elections using tax questionable tax papers.

Nwosu also said that the sack of Ikpeazu by the Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court automatically gives him the right to occupy the seat of the Abia state governor.

Previous
Next Post »