‘I wasn’t slapped by a goddess,’ Governor says

Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has denied reports that he was slapped by the goddess of Nworie and Otamiri River.

Okorocha also dismissed claims that he had travelled abroad to seek treatment for a medical condition.

The governor made the clarifications while speaking with journalists in Owerri on Monday, August 29, 2016.

“The rumour only came from my political opponents. They wished me dead, but God Almighty has put them to shame,” he said according to Punch.

“They even went further to dispel rumours that goddess of Nworie and Otamiri River slapped me. I am alive and bouncing in the Lord. I only travelled for economic mission and to visit my daughter, who has given me another grandson,” he added.

Earlier rumours had it that Okorocha had been slapped by a ghost and as such had to seek treatment in an Indian hospital.

The reports were however denied by the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Sam Onwuemeodo.

Previous
Next Post »