Nigerian man drowns at UK adult night party

An inquest has found that a Nigerian man called Edmund Echukwu died by accident from drowning after drinking too much

Edmund attended an adult-themed party and was swimming with a girl called Rachel when he went under for ten minutes

He was certified dead at the hospital after he failed to respond to CPR giving to him after being carried out of the pool

Edmund had lied to his close friend that he was going to church before heading to the sex party in Hertfordshire

A Nigerian man, who has been identified as Edmund Echukwu has died after being submerged in a swimming pool at a sex party in Hertfordshire, southern England.

According to statements from witnesses at an inquest into what led to Edmund’s death, the father-of-three drowned after drinking whisky and jumping in a swimming pool during a James Bond-themed orgy.

Daily Star reports that trouble started when Edmund, who was a first-time swinger and shy person, suddenly grabbed a woman he was swimming with before diving under water at the £3million Radlett mansion which has been famous for its regular adult-themed parties for 19 years.

The woman, named only as Rachael in court, said she thought Edmund was just messing around and wriggled free from him.

The British tabloid reports that Edmund, who is from Edgware in Middlesex, was underwater for ten minutes before the alarm was raised by a fellow male partygoer who reportedly warned guests by saying: “He’s been under too long”.

She told the inquest that Edmund was not really drunk and they swam together before things went awry.

“I don’t think I even knew his name. I don’t remember it. He was really polite. He didn’t talk on the dance floor and I don’t remember him being drunk.

“I said ‘I am going to the pool, do you want to come with me?’

“I don’t think I even knew his name”

“He was swimming with me. It gets deeper really quickly. We went past the halfway, where it was beginning to get deep.

“He was by my side and this part of the pool is very deep. I couldn’t touch the bottom. He just grabbed my neck like that and pulled me under the water.

“I had to push him away because I feared he would drown me and pull me under.”

Edmund’s close friend, Anthony Okonkwo, who is still shocked by the social worker’s death, revealed that he (Edmund) had told him he was “going to evening Mass at church”.

Geoffrey Sullivan, senior coroner for Hertfordshire, has now ruled that there was no foul play in Edmund’s demise, according to him the Nigerian died by accident just after midnight and the cause of death was immersion and minor alcohol intoxication.

Photos by Daily Star UK

Previous
Next Post »